The Dream Ascends...



The Expression Mega Concert was awesome last sunday night. But if you ask me, I think I still prefer the previous one in 2006. I dunno... maybe it had something to do with the venue. The first two mega concerts were held in the Empire theater, but this year in the International Convention Center (or ICC) to accommodate a larger audience. But it still isn't half as pretty as the Empire Theater's ^___^ so yeah....




Much of the performances were to promote the founder (and my first ever piano teacher back when I was 7), Lily Chiam's, debut album :) The songs were beautiful and she specially imported a singer from India to sing a few of her songs (since, i heard, the rest of her album songs are simply instrumentals) while she performed on the grand piano. Her album's producer, Richard Fowler, also sang and according to Sumi he was the same guy who also lent his voice to the album :)

I haven't gotten her album yet (which btw is entitled "Together") for "lack of financial status" (Faris' words.) but I plan to soon and already asked tchr. Sheila to get it for me since they (the Expression teachers) get discounts.

I saw the album out in the shops already not too long ago. Here's one I saw at the new CD shop in Jln. Pretty:


Lily Chiam's debut album Together in stores

I'm proud of her ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Extra-ordinaire....