Making up for loss time....

The tongue is an amazing tool of the human body, regardless of its small size. Having said that, according to the Bible, the tongue can be like the tiny spark that would eventually create a forest fire. What comes out of one's mouth can either lift up a person's spirits or tear down another's. What you say can be the difference between life and death. Remember the story of the first ever twin brothers - Jacob and Esau. Esau despised and gave up his birthright just to temporarily satisfy his hunger at that moment, saying, "What good is the birthright to me?". What a loss!

Well, what I am trying to say here is that I'm really grateful for my parents. Many times I've felt underappreciated and overlooked but their encouraging words despite my many failings touched me such that i was in tears last lunch =)

God gave me a little miracle last Friday. The day before, my english teacher asked me if I would like to present an impromptu speech for the next day in the Speakers Forum.
I accepted.

However, when I woke up the nest morning, it came to me. I realized how I didn't have the slightest idea of talking about "emotions". But I tried not to panic.

I walked to school around 7.30am for my Malay remedial class. *shrugs shoulders* It was a blurr 'cause even my teacher didn't attend to me. Since the Speakers Forum I was to attend didn't start 'til 10.30am, I went back home to relax, and tell God about my anxieties.

Now this is my favourite part. Being at the classroom waiting for our teacher to show us a video about a teen's world were spent mostly groaning to Ginny, Grace and Hannah about my speech.
What is taking teacher so long to set up the projector? I thought. I didn't realize that there was a blackout going on! Lol... to which teacher announced that every room in the school was out of power except the staffroom and that our last resort was to proceed to the canteen. So we assembled ourselves there (the music class and speakers forum was merged btw).
Unfortunately, just as we were settled in and starting the activity...

pitter. patter. pitter. patter.

....Rain drops on the roof.

Then a huge downpour of water such that Grace, who was speaking at that moment, had to literally shout in order to be heard. Hahahaha teacher eventually called off the event 'til next Friday and I was overjoyed. My skirt was soaking wet from the merciless rain but who cares! At least now I got time to review and look into the topic.

Oooohh and guess what. It was cancelled again this Friday due to coming-of-exams. Haha!

On a more recent event, I've been hanging out with Shee Wai a lot lately, we go to the new library at the Pandan 8 lagoon park. Lol, I know what you're thinkin.

Of all the other cool places... you choose to hang out at the LIBRARY?!?


Hehe no, really. We see bunches of students from other schools go there too. And not just to chitchat or whateva, but hey, we like to study in groups! Man, some couples read together too. There's a cyber cafe too, but it's not open yet.

Anyway, it was cool, once I needed some fresh air so I dragged Shee Wai and her "uncle" (ask her) who is actually just her 19-year-old cousin to the lagoon side. Gosh, it's been awhile since I've gone there.... or not. Maybe I just haven't seen the other side of the lagoon, which has fountains. I used to go to that place occasionally, in the past year. In it is situated a majestic mosque, a playground, a skatepark, the lagoon of course (btw I heard a crocodile ripped the leg of a fisherman there) and the newly-built library. It's in the heart of, what we call the "Beverly Hills" of Brunei (or just KB), because of the mansion-festooned land. My personal faves - the large pink house with what I describe as having "marshmallow-twist pillars and walnut terraces", and the cosy-looking wooden mahogany Canadian house.
Fantastic!

Gotta go, the finale of American Idol is on now ^__^

P.S. I almost forgot to mention, ANGEL'S BACCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from a couple of weeks ago. Man, was I ecstatic! =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dream Ascends...

La Extra-ordinaire....