Blessings

You know, staying in the Empire hotel for the 2nd time two weekends ago was great. It was indeed one of the blessings God graciously endowes on His people in this Year of Awesome Power. I have to say though, that I was quite grumpy for no reason at all during that time. It seemed as if the enemy is bogging me down with negative thoughts, saying "You're not good enough... you're not worth it..." and I remember sitting in Pantai restaurant positioned beside the hotel's artificial beach... when I heard His Spirit whisper to me; "My grace is sufficient for you... for My strength is made perfect in weakness.." I rested my eyes from the blinding midday sun and thought about the verse His Spirit reminded me of, and it occured to me that it held great meaning, something deeper.

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- [2 Corinthians 12:7-10]



"My grace is sufficient for you... for My strength is made perfect in weakness..."
That was God's answer to Paul's pleading of taking out the thorn from his flesh [2 Corinthians 12:9]



Further stuff I've learned :
1) That doesn't necessarily mean God boasts on Himself and uses us to be looked down as weaklings. But rather that in our weakness He aids us and uses us to do extraodinary things for His glory. We stumble and fall and yet God picks us up, wipes the dirt off our faces saying, "Hey, I'll be with you all the way..."

2) It is He who we must rely on for strength. You know we may be able to accomplish a number of things on our own; but some way or the other... things will turn its ugly head to us, and we may not be able to handle it.
That's when God comes into the picture.
We can try to hold our pride and slay the dragon with our 'once, but no longer significant' weapon, but unless we humble ourselves, we will be forever beating around the bush. Sometimes it takes longer to realize. But God would keep calling on us until we take heed. Only then can He supply with His strength and have victory over the storm.



The stay was great, though! My dad had his desire for a digital camera FULFILLED! It was just we were exploring the hotel shops that my dad was thinking of buying a digicam. Then, that night, at the emblem dinner, he won one! It's a Canon Powershot A410. Whooo! Glory2God!


The next morning was Family Day at the beach (real beach lol) and we happened to meet an Australian couple. What started as an explanation of the whole family day cum company dinner shindig turned into something more religious. Yep, they were believers like us! I was ecstatic when they mentioned that they were at the Hillsong concert last year! Must be the live recording of the GOD HE REIGNS album! Gosh, the DVD's amazing! Hehe anyways they were sooo friendly and pleased to hear that there are actually Christians in Bro0o0onai. Hehe.


DJ Jenny Malai Ali (Channel [V] VJ Paula's twin sister) was the emcee the the emblem dinner. She's good at that thing! I also took a picture with her for the 2nd time. Hehe. I wonder if she remembers me from... like 3 years ago in Hong Kong bank's Roadshow =)

Go time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Extra-ordinaire....

The Dream Ascends...